Reliable Controls Corporation, the recipient of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employer and Canada’s Greenest Employer 2018 awards, specializes in the design and manufacture of Internet-connected, building automation controls. Our innovative products automate building environments, decreasing their impact on our planet. At Reliable Controls we offer a collaborative and engaging environment, where employees are encouraged to learn and grow while contributing positively to the big picture of building a sustainable future together.
We are currently seeking and experienced Firmware Developer for a full-time, permanent role within our R&D department. This role will allow a successful candidate to become a major contributor to our new and existing lines of embedded products. Our company offers a challenging, collaborative and engaging environment where staff members are valued and appreciated and employee happiness is our top priority.
Perks & Benefits we offer to our team:
- Extended Health & Dental Coverage
- RRSP matching plan + extra cash towards your RRSP account
- We will pay you to volunteer for a charity of your choice*
- Well-equipped on-site fitness facilities with 24/7 access
- Free parking
- Green Transportation Incentive – bike, bus or walk to work and earn money!
- Social Committee Events – we have something fun happening almost every month
- Employee Service Awards
- Performance Bonus*
- Opportunities for continuous learning*
- …And most importantly: great people to work with
- Design and develop code on a RTOS based platform.
- Design, develop and maintain corporate firmware products as required.
- Perform formal and informal tests as required.
- Work closely with Software and QA to ensure systems are properly implemented and tested.
- Assist in the documentation of SR&ED claims.
- Document work which may include writing and/or updating specifications, design documents, user manuals or help files.
- Provide technical support to dealers and customers as required.
- Enhance systems and tools used in the firmware development.
- Mentoring other developers.
- 3 years’ experience with a combination of C/C++ programming knowledge and hands-on work.
- Experience using advanced IDEs.
- Electronics Technology diploma, Engineering degree, Computer Science degree, or equivalent experience.
- Working experience with IP based communications protocols.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a highly collaborative group.
- Self-motivated and determined.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Experience developing embedded Linux products would be an asset.
- Experience with ARM or Coldfire based processors would be an asset.
- Familiarity with the HVAC industry would be beneficial.
If you feel your qualifications meet the requirements listed above and are interested in joining our Reliable Controls family, please submit your resume along with a cover letter stating your compensation expectations by using the "Apply Now" option above. We look forward to receiving your application!