Reliable Controls Corporation is a locally owned and operated company, which specializes in the design and manufacture of Internet-connected, building automation controls. Our innovative products automate building environments, decreasing their impact on our planet. At Reliable Controls we offer a collaborative and engaging environment, where employees are encouraged to learn and grow while contributing positively to the big picture of building a sustainable future together.
We are currently accepting resumes to fill a Co-op Firmware Developer position for a 4-months term starting May 2019. The successful candidate will work with a small team that uses Agile design processes to develop components for our firmware products. These components could include User Interfaces, IP based networking protocols, low level device drivers or application level designs.
This is a great opportunity for the right individual to build up their skillset while working on live projects, developing real products. As an employer, we pride ourselves on being able to create memorable and positive work experience for our co-op students through ongoing support, mentorship and engagement.
! We believe that people are most fulfilled and engaged when they do something, they are passionate about and their work is rewarding and purposeful. Join us for a term (or two) and discover for yourself what a great co-op experience should be like.
Some of the Benefits we offer our Co-ops:
• Competitive compensation
• Well-equipped on-site fitness facilities with 24/7 access
• Free parking
• Green Transportation Incentive
• Social Committee Events
• …And most importantly: great people to work with!
• Design, develop and maintain C/C++ firmware
• Perform formal and informal tests as required
• Document work which may include writing and/or updating specifications, design documents, user manuals or help files.
• Experience developing C/C++ firmware
• Experience developing User Interfaces
• Experience with version control products, preferably Git
• Experience with packet capturing software such as Wireshark
• Experience with TCP/IP and serial communications
• Knowledge of Real Time Operating Systems concepts
• Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming concepts
• Knowledge of MISRA C/C++ Coding Standards is an asset
• Knowledge of BACnet is an asset
• Ability and drive to contribute effectively to the success of our Firmware team
• Strong desire to learn our processes and products
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• A positive and result-driven attitude
If you are interested in this co-op opportunity, please submit your application with a cover letter, a resume and a transcript by using the "Apply Now" option above. If you are a student with Camosun College or University of Victoria, please apply using their internal posting system. We look forward to receiving your resume!