Reliable Controls Corporation is a locally owned and operated company, which specializes in the design and manufacture of Internet-connected, building automation controls. Our innovative products automate building environments, decreasing their impact on our planet. At Reliable Controls we offer a collaborative and engaging environment, where employees are encouraged to learn and grow while contributing positively to the big picture of building a sustainable future together.
We are currently seeking and experienced Firmware Developer for a full-time, permanent role within our R&D department. This role will allow a successful candidate to become a major contributor to our new and existing lines of embedded products. Our company offers a challenging, collaborative and engaging environment where staff members are valued and appreciated and employee happiness is our top priority.
Perks and benefits we offer to our team:
- A highly competitive extended health and dental plans as well as shared MSP coverage, for you and your family.
- A yearly RRSP contribution on company’s behalf, plus employee contribution matching program to help you grow your financial well-being.
- An annual performance bonus
- Paid time off to volunteer and give back to the community, on your own or as a part of a group with your co-workers.
- Free convenient parking, or choose the green transportation option and be paid for it.
- Social Committee events almost every month, from potlucks, game nights and LAN parties to camping and skiing.
- On-site, free gym for the Hallowell location residents, or substantially discounted membership to a local gym in the Selkirk area.
- Awards and recognition for service and accomplishments.
- Assistance with tuition or skills training relevant to your role.
- …and most importantly, a genuinely great culture fostered by the senior management team and sustained by fantastic people!
- Design and develop firmware for bare board, RTOS and Linux based platforms.
- Implement and maintain code using test driven development techniques.
- Perform formal and informal tests as required.
- Work closely with Software and QA to ensure systems are properly implemented and tested.
- Assist in the documentation of SR&ED claims.
- Document work which may include writing and/or updating specifications, design documents, user manuals or help files.
- Provide technical support to dealers and customers as required.
- Electronics Technology diploma, Engineering degree, Computer Science degree, or equivalent experience.
- 1 year experience in embedded C/C++ programming.
- Familiar with advanced IDEs.
- Understanding of IP based communications protocols.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a highly collaborative group.
- Self-motivated and determined.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Experience developing in embedded Linux would be an asset.
- Experience with ARM or Coldfire based processors would be an asset.
- Familiarity with the HVAC industry would be beneficial.
If you feel your qualifications meet the requirements listed above and are interested in joining our Reliable Controls family, please apply with us online: upload your cover letter and a resume along with your salary expectations at the "Apply Now" button above. We look forward to receiving your application!
As a privately-owned, Canadian corporation since 1986, we are dedicated to providing simple, flexible, and sustainable systems, economically targeted to meet the triple bottom line of people, planet, and profit. We are proud to have design, development, assembly, service, and repairs housed in Victoria, Canada. Our state-of-the art LEED Platinum certified headquarters annex consumes only one eighth of the energy of a comparable commercial building in Canada. Our senior management team, along with daily support from our staff, create a unique culture of trust, caring and engagement where employees feel empowered to work, live, learn and be creative.