Reliable Controls Corporation is a locally owned and operated company, which specializes in the design and manufacture of Internet-connected, building automation controls. Our innovative products automate building environments, decreasing their impact on our planet. At Reliable Controls we offer a collaborative and engaging environment, where employees are encouraged to learn and grow while contributing positively to the big picture of building a sustainable future together.
Our Reliable family is growing, and we are looking to add a talented, creative and driven individual to our dynamic marketing team. Our newest team member will report to the Art Director and work closely with the rest of the staff to produce high quality electronic and printed materials. In addition to the rich, challenging and engaging nature of the role, we also offer a very competitive total compensation package, and a balanced work environment with an outstanding culture to match.
Perks and benefits we offer to our team:
- Highly competitive extended health and dental plans as well as shared MSP coverage, for you and your family.
- A yearly RRSP contribution on the company’s behalf, plus employee contribution matching program to help you grow your financial well-being.
- Annual performance bonuses.
- Paid time off to volunteer and give back to the community, on your own or as a part of a group with your co-workers.
- Free and convenient on-site parking, or choose our green transportation option and be paid for it.
- Social Committee events almost every month, from potlucks, game nights and LAN parties to camping and skiing.
- On-site, free gym for the Hallowell location residents, or a substantially discounted membership to a local gym in the Selkirk area.
- Awards and recognition for service and accomplishments.
- Assistance with tuition or skills training relevant to your role.
- …and most importantly, a genuinely great culture fostered by the senior management team and sustained by fantastic people!
You will be supporting the marketing team through a variety of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Print production of newsletters, product user guides, installation guides, software manuals, corporate brochure, special event literature, and material generated for public consumption.
- Assisting in content development and graphic design for our corporate marketing materials
- Assisting with technical communications diagram development as required.
- Support with 3D technical illustration and animation development.
- Post-secondary education in Graphic Design, Illustration, Visual Arts or relevant field
- 1 to 3 years of work experience in a design field in a similar capacity
- Experience with 3D drawing design
- Experience with layout and graphic design
- Experience with technical diagram/illustration design
- Thorough understanding of 3D software tools
- Skilled at working with the Adobe design and image editing software suite: Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign
- High level of proficiency with 2D and 3D technical diagram artwork/illustration composition
- Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colors, fonts, layouts, diagrams and design
- Attention to visual details and communications
- Demonstrated initiative and drive
- Highly collaborative work style, ability to work and support a team effort
- Capable of understanding creative critique and responsive to art direction
- Ability to work well independently and complete tasks with limited supervision
If you feel your qualifications meet the requirements listed above and are interested in joining our Reliable Controls family, please apply with us online: upload your cover letter and a resume along with your salary expectations at the "Apply Now" button above. Please include with your application a zip file or a link to access your portfolio of completed design/technical diagram illustration projects. We look forward to receiving your application!
As a privately-owned, Canadian corporation since 1986, we are dedicated to providing simple, flexible, and sustainable systems, economically targeted to meet the triple bottom line of people, planet, and profit. We are proud to have design, development, assembly, service, and repairs housed in Victoria, Canada. Our state-of-the art LEED Platinum certified headquarters annex consumes only one eighth of the energy of a comparable commercial building in Canada. Our senior management team, along with daily support from our staff, create a unique culture of trust, caring and engagement where employees feel empowered to work, live, learn and be creative.