Reliable Controls Corporation, the recipient of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employer and Canada’s Greenest Employer 2018 awards, specializes in the design and manufacture of Internet-connected, building automation controls. Our innovative products automate building environments, decreasing their impact on our planet. At Reliable Controls we offer a collaborative and engaging environment, where employees are encouraged to learn and grow while contributing positively to the big picture of building a sustainable future together.
We are actively seeking an experienced Agile Product Owner to lead our product feature development. This is a dynamic and challenging role that is responsible for delivering high value features on a predictable timeline while maintaining the highest standards of quality.
A successful candidate will be relied upon to identify, prioritize and manage product requirements, work with customers, management, and other stakeholders, as well as collaborate with the product software development team to ensure quality design and implementation of product features. If you are looking to work for a reputable and established company with innovative approach and amazing work culture – apply with us today!
Perks & Benefits we offer to our team:
- Extended Health & Dental Coverage
- RRSP matching plan + extra cash towards your RRSP account
- We will pay you to volunteer for a charity of your choice*
- Well-equipped on-site fitness facilities with 24/7 access
- Free parking
- Green Transportation Incentive – bike, bus or walk to work and earn money!
- Social Committee Events – we have something fun happening almost every month
- Employee Service Awards
- Performance Bonus*
- Opportunities for continuous learning*
- …And most importantly: great people to work with!
- Be the voice of and champion our product’s customers
- Understand our product marketplace; anticipate market opportunities and innovate product solutions
- Formulate and direct our product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Collect, articulate, and prioritize requirements from product stakeholders (own and manage product backlog)
- Project Management
- Write Agile User Stories with Testable Acceptance Criteria
- Work with development team to estimate scope, risk, and effort of planned work
- Participate in all Agile Scrum activities (triage, story grooming, sprint planning, scrums, retrospectives)
- Occasional travel and on-site customer visits
- Report and track team, product, and project status
- Elevate impediments/issues to management
- Communicate and Coordinate with Customers, TechComm, Marketing, QA, and Customer Support
- Promote and inspire continuous improvement in everything we do
- Bachelor’s Degree (Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or related field/degree)
- Passionate about and experienced in Agile software development
- Passionate about HVAC industry, green building concepts, and our customers’ needs
- 3+ years experience as an Agile Product Owner
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills
- Comfortable and effective working with cross-functional teams through changing requirements and dynamic environments
- Product-driven focus, able to sort priorities and make difficult needs-based decisions
- Collaborative mindset, proven track record of guiding teams and stakeholders towards pragmatic consensus leading to high value product roadmaps and implementations
- Experience in an Agile development environment is preferred
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification would be a bonus
- Experience with project management (certified PMP would be an asset)
- Experience in HVAC industry, preferably applications engineering or similar exposure would be an asset.
If you feel your qualifications meet the requirements listed above and are interested in joining our Reliable Controls family, please submit your resume along with the cover letter listing your compensation expectations by using the "Apply Now" option above. We look forward to receiving your resume!