Reliable Controls Corporation is a locally owned and operated company, which specializes in the design and manufacture of Internet-connected, building automation controls. Our innovative products automate building environments, decreasing their impact on our planet. At Reliable Controls we offer a collaborative and engaging environment, where employees are encouraged to learn and grow while contributing positively to the big picture of building a sustainable future together.
We are looking to add a QC Technician to our Quality Control team within the Operations department. The role reports directly to the Operations QC Manager. This is an intermediate level position in our quality and testing area that will be ideally suited for a candidate who has previous relevant work experience, and an aptitude for inspecting products and identifying issues. In addition to the rich, challenging and engaging nature of the role, we also offer a very competitive total compensation package, and a balanced work environment with an outstanding culture to match.
Perks & Benefits we offer to our team:
- Highly competitive extended health and dental plans as well as shared MSP coverage, for you and your family.
- A yearly RRSP contribution on company’s behalf, plus employee contribution matching program to help you grow your financial well-being.
- Annual performance bonuses
- Paid time off to volunteer and give back to the community, on your own or as a part of a group with your co-workers.
- Free convenient parking, or you will be paid a little extra to choose a green transportation option.
- Social Committee events almost every month, from potlucks, game nights and LAN parties to camping and skiing.
- On-site, free gym for the Hallowell location residents, or substantially discounted membership to a local gym in the Selkirk area.
- Awards and recognition for service and accomplishment.
- Assistance with tuition or skills training relevant to your role.
- …And most importantly: a genuinely great culture fostered by senior management team and sustained by fantastic people!
- Completes final testing, final assembly and product transformation of Reliable Controls products in a production environment.
- Communicate quality and manufacturing concerns to management.
- Complete final testing and final assembly of our products in a production environment, adhering to our product quality guidelines and testing procedures.
- Complete run tracking documentation.
- Perform lead free hand soldering of through hole parts and surface mount parts.
- Train new QC Technicians.
- Use current test manual and ensure it is accurate and up to date.
- Use most current RCC application software and ensure it is installed and up to date.
- QC Shipping inspection.
- Perform Great Plains transaction of products.
- Provide backup in through hole, test and final assembly department when required
- SMT first article, and PCB repair in testing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma completion
- Basic electronics training course completion is strongly preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in an electronic manufacturing production environment in a quality control related role
- Experience with using test databases
- High level of proficiency with computers, specifically MS Office
- A positive and flexible attitude
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced production environment
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to stay focused on various tasks
If you feel your qualifications meet the requirements listed above and are interested in joining our Reliable Controls family, please apply with us online: upload your cover letter and a resume along with your salary expectations at the "Apply Now" button above. We look forward to receiving your application!
As a privately-owned, Canadian corporation since 1986, we are dedicated to providing simple, flexible, and sustainable systems, economically targeted to meet the triple bottom line of people, planet, and profit. We are proud to have design, development, assembly, service, and repairs housed in Victoria, Canada. Our state-of-the art LEED Platinum certified headquarters annex consumes only one eighth of the energy of a comparable commercial building in Canada. Our senior management team, along with daily support from our staff, create a unique culture of trust, caring and engagement where employees feel empowered to work, live, learn and be creative.