Reliable Controls Corporation, the recipient of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employer and Canada’s Greenest Employer 2018 awards, specializes in the design and manufacture of Internet-connected, building automation controls. Our innovative products automate building environments, decreasing their impact on our planet. At Reliable Controls we offer a collaborative and engaging environment, where employees are encouraged to learn and grow while contributing positively to the big picture of building a sustainable future together.
We are looking to add an experienced C++ Developer to our R&D department in a full-time permanent capacity. This role offers a dynamic and engaging environment working on stimulating and challenging projects as a part of the Software team.
Perks & Benefits we offer to our team:
- Extended Health & Dental Coverage
- RRSP matching plan + extra cash towards your RRSP account
- We will pay you to volunteer for a charity of your choice*
- Well-equipped on-site fitness facilities with 24/7 access
- Free parking
- Green Transportation Incentive – bike, bus or walk to work and earn money!
- Social Committee Events – we have something fun happening almost every month
- Employee Service Awards
- Performance Bonus*
- Opportunities for continuous learning*
- …And most importantly: great people to work with!
- Designing developing and maintaining corporate software products
- Co-ordinating efforts with other team members
- Assist in documentation of corporate products (which may involve writing specifications, design documents, user manuals and help files)
- Reviewing code changes
- Providing technical support
- Participating in activities to gather requirements
- Accurately estimating work required to develop new and enhanced software modules
- Providing technical support to dealers and customers as required
- Participating in team-wide test events
- Mentoring junior-level software developers
- Computer Science Diploma or a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, e.g. Software Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with enterprise scale desktop applications
- Expert level MFC Windows C++ programming skills
- Taking pride in your work and having passion for delivering a high-quality product
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to adequately document the code you write
- Experience with Microsoft’s Visual Studio
- Willingness to be a part of a community spirited cohesive workplace
The following would be considered a bonus:
- Familiarity with HVAC industry and green building concepts
- Scrum experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience writing unit tests with C++
- Experience with code repositories (especially Perforce or Git)
- Experience with technical documentation
If you feel your qualifications meet the requirements listed above and are interested in joining our Reliable Controls family, please apply with us online: upload your cover letter and a resume along with your salary expectations at the "Apply Now" button above. We look forward to receiving your application!