Reliable Controls Corporation is a locally owned and operated company, which specializes in the design and manufacture of Internet-connected, building automation controls. Our innovative products automate building environments, decreasing their impact on our planet. At Reliable Controls we offer a collaborative and engaging environment, where employees are encouraged to learn and grow while contributing positively to the big picture of building a sustainable future together.
At this time, we are looking for an experienced and dedicated Quality Assurance Supervisor to join our Research and Development team. We are seeking a true visionary who leads by example. Our ideal candidate is passionate about teamwork and employee engagement while maintaining focus on our company objectives such as on-time delivery, quality and efficiency of Reliable Controls products. The role will report directly to the Systems Quality Assurance Manager.
This is a very rewarding role that represents a blend of quality assurance and technical support responsibilities. Our ideal candidate should possess technical aptitude, be curious and willing to learn the product and the industry. This position will provide the right amount of challenge to the right candidate and allow opportunities for growth and development in a collaborative and supportive environment. We offer a very competitive total compensation package and a balanced work environment where employees come first.
Perks and benefits we offer to our team:
- A highly competitive extended health and dental plans as well as shared MSP coverage, for you and your family.
- A yearly RRSP contribution on company’s behalf, plus employee contribution matching program to help you grow your financial well-being.
- An annual performance bonus
- Paid time off to volunteer and give back to the community, on your own or as a part of a group with your co-workers.
- Free convenient parking, or choose the green transportation option and be paid for it.
- Social Committee events almost every month, from potlucks, game nights and LAN parties to camping and skiing.
- On-site, free gym for the Hallowell location residents, or substantially discounted membership to a local gym in the Selkirk area.
- Awards and recognition for service and accomplishments.
- Assistance with tuition or skills training relevant to your role.
- …and most importantly, a genuinely great culture fostered by the senior management team and sustained by fantastic people!
- Lead responsibility for overall Reliable Controls System Quality
- Provide strong leadership to your team in coaching, motivating and leading the team to their optimum performance levels and career development
- Become familiar with the Corporation’s complete software and hardware product line. Knowledge should be sufficient to take responsibility for verifying system operation
- Gain a reasonable working knowledge of the building automation industry and the application of the Corporation’s product line
- Develop test tools and testing processes
- Develop efficient regression test plans utilizing automation where beneficial
- Develop and maintain system performance test metrics
- Defect detection, tracking, and analysis
- Work with product Quality Assurance Analysts and development teams in troubleshooting to verify and diagnose root causes
- Evaluate resource requirements and initiate recruitment initiatives when needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in Quality Assurance field
- Experience writing test plans, executing tests, and assessing defects
- Experience working with complex systems containing multiple networked components
- Working experience successfully managing team projects
- Automated acceptance testing experience is considered an asset
- Firm understanding of embedded products, PC desktop applications and Web environments
- Experience and aptitude with industry used tools and software
- Solution-focused and process-driven approach
- Exceptional analytical and decision-making abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and team-work oriented mindset
- Strong organizational skills.
If you feel your qualifications meet the requirements listed above and are interested in joining our Reliable Controls family, please apply with us online: upload your cover letter and a resume along with your salary expectations at the "Apply Now" button above. We look forward to receiving your application!
As a privately-owned, Canadian corporation since 1986, we are dedicated to providing simple, flexible, and sustainable systems, economically targeted to meet the triple bottom line of people, planet, and profit. We are proud to have design, development, assembly, service, and repairs housed in Victoria, Canada. Our state-of-the art LEED Platinum certified headquarters annex consumes only one eighth of the energy of a comparable commercial building in Canada. Our senior management team, along with daily support from our staff, create a unique culture of trust, caring and engagement where employees feel empowered to work, live, learn and be creative.