Reliable Controls Corporation is a locally owned and operated company, which specializes in the design and manufacture of Internet-connected, building automation controls. Our innovative products automate building environments, decreasing their impact on our planet. At Reliable Controls we offer a collaborative and engaging environment, where employees are encouraged to learn and grow while contributing positively to the big picture of building a sustainable future together.
We are looking for an experienced software developer to join our Business Intelligence team. The team is responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting a variety web-based and standalone applications used throughout the company. Our ideal candidate is a passionate, driven and solution-focused developer, who thrives in a multi-functional and diverse environment working with a variety of tools. They will actively create and maintain a series of web applications utilized by a variety of user groups such as Finance, Research & Development, Operations/Logistics and HR.
Perks and benefits we offer to our team:
- A highly competitive extended health and dental plans for you and your family.
- A yearly RRSP contribution on company’s behalf, plus employee contribution matching program to help you grow your financial well-being.
- An annual performance bonuses
- Paid time off to volunteer and give back to the community, on your own or as a part of a group with your co-workers.
- Free convenient parking, or you will be paid a little extra to choose a green transportation option.
- Social Committee events almost every month, from potlucks, game nights and LAN arties to camping and skiing.
- On-site, free gym for the Hallowell location residents, or substantially discounted membership to a local gym in the Selkirk area.
- Awards and recognition for service and accomplishment.
- Assistance with tuition or skills training relevant to your role.
- …And most importantly: a genuinely great culture fostered by senior management team and sustained by fantastic people!
- Develop, maintain, and support web applications and services for the organization
- Assist with scope development and design by working directly with end users
- Write high quality, testable and efficient code
- Liaise with external Reliable Controls partners to perform EDI transactions
- Provide analytics, reporting and support for a variety of web-based applications
- Plan, report and communicate project status and timelines to IS Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience of a minimum of 5 years of developing web applications
- Experience with ERP systems is a bonus
- Excellent planning and organizational abilities
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- A positive and result-driven attitude
If you feel your qualifications meet the requirements listed above and are interested in joining our Reliable Controls family, please apply with us online: upload your cover letter and a resume along with your salary expectations at the "Apply Now" button above. We look forward to receiving your application!
As a privately-owned, Canadian corporation since 1986, we are dedicated to providing simple, flexible, and sustainable systems, economically targeted to meet the triple bottom line of people, planet, and profit. We are proud to have design, development, assembly, service, and repairs housed in Victoria, Canada. Our state-of-the art LEED Platinum certified headquarters annex consumes only one eighth of the energy of a comparable commercial building in Canada. Our senior management team, along with daily support from our staff, create a unique culture of trust, caring and engagement where employees feel empowered to work, live, learn and be creative.