Reliable Controls Corporation is a locally owned and operated company, which specializes in the design and manufacture of Internet-connected, building automation controls. Our innovative products automate building environments, decreasing their impact on our planet. At Reliable Controls we offer a collaborative and engaging environment, where employees are encouraged to learn and grow while contributing positively to the big picture of building a sustainable future together.
We are currently accepting applications to fill a permanent, full-time Desktop Support Coordinator position within our IT department. This role will report directly to the Information Systems Manager, and support the IT team with ticket resolution, troubleshooting IT and network support issues, and maintaining a wide range of organizational hardware and software assets. The successful candidate will work closely with our customer service oriented and attentive IT team to provide quality support for all desktop users in the company.
In addition to the rich, challenging and engaging nature of the role, Reliable Controls offer a very competitive total compensation package and a balanced work environment with an outstanding culture to match.
Perks and benefits we offer to our team:
- Highly competitive extended Health and Dental plans for you and your family
- A yearly RRSP contribution on company’s behalf, plus employee contribution matching program to help you grow your financial well-being
- An annual performance bonus
- Paid time off to volunteer and give back to the community, on your own or as a part of a group with your co-workers
- Free convenient onsite parking, or choose the green transportation option and be paid for it
- Social Committee events almost every month, from potlucks, game nights and LAN parties to camping and skiing
- On-site, free gym for the Hallowell location residents, or a substantially discounted membership to a local gym in the Selkirk area
- Awards and recognition for service and accomplishments
- Assistance with tuition or skills training relevant to your role
- …and most importantly, a genuinely great culture fostered by the senior management team and sustained by fantastic people!
- Proactively assist with ticket resolution
- Develop reports and analytics to assist team members with call prioritization and resolution
- Identify patterns and trends in trouble tickets and help develop solutions to reduce overall tickets
- Maintain and support a wide range of assets (hardware and software) used throughout the organization
- Configure user accounts and perform general system administration to ensure access to appropriate network services and systems
- Commission IT equipment for new users, assist with room moves, and implement general IT programs
- Troubleshoot problems with varying degrees of complexity
- Monitor the performance of desktop PCs and associated services to ensure reliability and smooth operations of IT systems
- Troubleshoot client-side network faults and liaise with specialists to resolve network connectivity issues
- Initiate approved disposal mechanisms for end-of-life equipment
- Obtain quotes, specify and make recommendations for the purchase of computer equipment and software in accordance with company procurement guidelines
- Make recommendations whether to repair, upgrade, or replace hardware and software in line with overall strategy and standards
- Other IT-related duties as required
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in a similar capacity
- Post-secondary education in information technology, computer networks, computer science or related field
- Hands-on experience with a wide range of operating systems
- Be fully conversant with all areas of desktop IT support, with emphasis on Windows desktop operating systems and Office 365 applications
- Microsoft Certification (MCSA or MCSE) or equivalent certification in relevant programs would be an asset
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Able to demonstrate patience, tact, and respect when working with stakeholders at varying levels of technical proficiency
If you feel your qualifications meet the requirements listed above and are interested in joining our Reliable Controls family, please apply with us online: upload your cover letter and a resume along with your salary expectations at the "Apply Now" button above. We look forward to receiving your application!
As a privately-owned, Canadian corporation since 1986, we are dedicated to providing simple, flexible, and sustainable systems, economically targeted to meet the triple bottom line of people, planet, and profit. We are proud to have design, development, assembly, service, and repairs housed in Victoria, Canada. Our state-of-the art LEED Platinum certified headquarters annex consumes only one eighth of the energy of a comparable commercial building in Canada. Our senior management team, along with daily support from our staff, create a unique culture of trust, caring and engagement where employees feel empowered to work, live, learn and be creative.