Reliable Controls Corporation is a locally owned and operated company, which specializes in the design and manufacture of Internet-connected, building automation controls. Our innovative products automate building environments, decreasing their impact on our planet. At Reliable Controls we offer a collaborative and engaging environment, where employees are encouraged to learn and grow while contributing positively to the big picture of building a sustainable future together.
We are actively seeking a Mechanical Engineer or Technologist. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in injection mold, industrial design, and design for manufacture. The successful candidate will enjoy a wide range of activities, supporting new product development and mature product support. This position will provide the right amount of challenge to the right candidate and allow opportunities for growth and development in a collaborative and supportive environment.
Perks and benefits we offer to our team:
- Highly competitive extended health and dental plans as well as shared MSP coverage, for you and your family.
- A yearly RRSP contribution on the company’s behalf, plus an employee contribution matching program to help you grow your financial well-being.
- Annual performance bonuses
- Paid time off to volunteer and give back to the community on your own, or as a part of a group with your co-workers.
- Free and convenient on-site parking or choose our green transportation option and be paid for it.
- Social Committee events almost every month, from potlucks, game nights and LAN parties to camping and skiing.
- On-site, free gym for the Hallowell location residents, or a substantially discounted membership to a local gym in the Selkirk area.
- Awards and recognition for service and accomplishments.
- Assistance with tuition or skills training relevant to your role.
- …and most importantly, a genuinely great culture fostered by the senior management team and sustained by fantastic people!
- Assist in the design and implement manufacturing jigs for enclosure modifications, alignment and manufacturing assembly aids
- Assist in design, from concept to production, product enclosures for new products, including injection mold die-cast, punch and bent metal, and extrusion designs in 3D CAD
- Liaison with mold makers and manufacturers of enclosures, to go from concept to production
- Assembly drawings and bill of materials creation and management of mechanical subassemblies used in RCC manufacturing
- Sourcing and selection of materials used in enclosure design, including fastening hardware and methods
- Technical documentation, including construction details with acceptance criteria
- Automated test bed mechanical design
- Assist with industrial design, work with hardware engineering and marketing to create packaging concepts
- 3D printing of prototypes, concepts, etc. maintenance of the 3D printing machine
- Design and develop labeling templates created on Roland printer
- Design shipping media, including custom cardboard boxes and packing materials
- Quality control of Reliable Controls product packaging
- Roland Printer technical expert and manager
- Other duties as assigned
- Mechanical Engineer Degree, Technologist Diploma or related discipline; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Up to 4 years of relevant experience
- Recognized and leveraged by peers for quality and knowledge of mechanical design principles and practices as well as the practical and measurable impact they deliver on product quality
- Able to set priorities by identifying urgent and important projects
- Strong communication skills, to collaborate on design requirements with design team
- Comfortable and effective working with cross-functional teams through changing requirements and dynamic environments
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Methodical approach with strong organizational skills
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude pertaining to mechanical design solutions
- Expert 3D computer drawing design development capabilities
If you feel your qualifications meet the requirements listed above and are interested in joining our Reliable Controls family, please apply with us online: upload your cover letter and a resume along with your salary expectations at the "Apply Now" button above. We look forward to receiving your application!
As a privately-owned, Canadian corporation since 1986, we are dedicated to providing simple, flexible, and sustainable systems, economically targeted to meet the triple bottom line of people, planet, and profit. We are proud to have design, development, assembly, service, and repairs housed in Victoria, Canada. Our state-of-the art LEED Platinum certified headquarters annex consumes only one eighth of the energy of a comparable commercial building in Canada. Our senior management team, along with daily support from our staff, create a unique culture of trust, caring and engagement where employees feel empowered to work, live, learn and be creative.