Reliable Controls Corporation is a locally owned and operated company, which specializes in the design and manufacture of Internet-connected, building automation controls. Our innovative products automate building environments, decreasing their impact on our planet. At Reliable Controls we offer a collaborative and engaging environment, where employees are encouraged to learn and grow while contributing positively to the big picture of building a sustainable future together.
We are currently seeking an experienced Training Instructor for a full-time, permanent role within our training department. The key role of the Training Instructor will be to facilitate training to over 140 independent authorized dealers of Reliable Controls products across the United States, Latin America, and internationally through in-class training materials delivery as well as technical support. The successful candidate will work from our headquarter office in Victoria, BC, with frequent business travel throughout Canada and internationally for approximately 30% of their time per year. The successful candidate must hold a valid passport for travel and entry into international destinations. Applications must already reside in Canada; relocation is not offered as a part of this position.
Perks and benefits we offer to our team:
- A highly competitive extended health and dental plans for you and your family
- A yearly RRSP contribution on company’s behalf, plus employee contribution matching program to help you grow your financial well-being
- An annual performance bonus
- Paid time off to volunteer and give back to the community, on your own or as a part of a group with your co-workers
- Free convenient parking, or choose the green transportation option and be paid for it
- Social Committee events almost every month, from potlucks, game nights and LAN parties to camping and skiing
- Substantially discounted membership to a local gym in the Selkirk area
- Awards and recognition for service and accomplishments
- Assistance with tuition or skills training relevant to your role
- …and most importantly, a genuinely great culture fostered by the senior management team and sustained by fantastic people!
- Instruct face-to-face dealer, engineer, and customer training courses in Canada and internationally
- Instruct live-streamed distance learning courses
- Be responsible for making all arrangements for training sessions, including travel, facilities, shipping, emails, etc.
- Mark exams, communicate with students to facilitate progress towards certification
- Work with the Manager of Training, product development staff, sales staff and support staff to develop and implement a comprehensive and effective training program
- Coordinate with the Manager of Training and Regional Sales Managers to schedule training courses
- Design and develop training curricula and skills evaluation techniques
- Assist with the ongoing design and development of the company’s web-based training program as required
- Sign on as a technical support technician when requested
- Create content, including PowerPoint presentations, videos and live demonstrations
- Provide subject matter to eLearning developers covering key learning points for Reliable Controls products and system features
- Design and record videos covering software interface to the Reliable Controls System
- Accept and execute other related assignments from management as required
- Post-secondary education in the engineering, mechanical, electrical or business field
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Building Automation industry – experience with Reliable Controls products is a strong asset
- In-depth experience with configuring, troubleshooting, installing and programming Reliable Controls software and hardware products
- Experience working in a high-performance, project-oriented team environment
- Experience working for one of Reliable Controls’ authorized dealers in a sales or technician capacity would be considered an asset
- Experience giving presentations, organizing and leading training sessions would be considered an asset
- Up-to-date experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, including animations
- Thorough understanding of networking equipment and practices including EIA-485, Ethernet and Wi-Fi
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Bi-lingual English/French would be very desirable)
- High level of professionalism and outstanding customer service skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to travel for work for approximately 30% of the time per year is required
- A successful candidate must hold a valid passport for travel and entry into international destinations
If you feel your qualifications meet the requirements listed above and are interested in joining our Reliable Controls family, please apply with us online: upload your cover letter and a resume along with your salary expectations at the "Apply Now" button above. We look forward to receiving your application!
As a privately-owned, Canadian corporation since 1986, we are dedicated to providing simple, flexible, and sustainable systems, economically targeted to meet the triple bottom line of people, planet, and profit. We are proud to have design, development, assembly, service, and repairs housed in Victoria, Canada. Our state-of-the art LEED Platinum certified headquarters annex consumes only one eighth of the energy of a comparable commercial building in Canada. Our senior management team, along with daily support from our staff, create a unique culture of trust, caring and engagement where employees feel empowered to work, live, learn and be creative.