Reliable Controls Corporation is a locally owned and operated company, which specializes in the design and manufacture of Internet-connected, building automation controls. Our innovative products automate building environments, decreasing their impact on our planet. At Reliable Controls we offer a collaborative and engaging environment, where employees are encouraged to learn and grow while contributing positively to the big picture of building a sustainable future together.
The Web Operations Support Specialist role will provide technical and software support to the Technical Communications and Web Development teams through tools maintenance, troubleshooting and process optimization.
Perks & benefits we offer to our team:
- A highly competitive extended health and dental plans for you and your family
- A yearly RRSP contribution on company’s behalf, plus employee contribution matching program to help you grow your financial well-being
- An annual performance bonus
- Paid time off to volunteer and give back to the community, on your own or as a part of a group with your co-workers
- Free convenient parking, or choose the green transportation option and be paid for it
- Social Committee events almost every month, from potlucks, game nights and LAN parties to camping and skiing
- Substantially discounted membership to a local gym in the Selkirk area
- Awards and recognition for service and accomplishments
- Assistance with tuition or skills training relevant to your role
- …and most importantly, a genuinely great culture fostered by the senior management team and sustained by fantastic people!
- Use Microsoft Azure DevOps to ensure that the authoring and publishing framework runs smoothly and is expanded along with new products
- Support the Technical Communication team with their authoring and publishing tools
- Use computer-assisted translation tools to manage the translation process and work with content authors and first-language speaking reviewers
- Work with the Web Development team to ensure that all assets published to the Reliable Controls website adheres to company standards
- Performs regular tasks to ensure the website is optimized and maximizes SEO
- Support Web Development by maintaining an ever-growing cloud infrastructure
- Post-secondary education in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Microsoft Azure certification, cloud computing certification, or similar experience would be considered an asset
- Up to 4 years of experience in a similar capacity
- Broad experience with software tools in the graphics and desktop publishing industry
- Experience supporting web services in an Apache environment
- Experience with Microsoft Internet Information Services would be considered an asset
- Experience with Microsoft DevOps, including source control and pipeline builds would be considered an asset
- Online marketing experience would be considered a bonus
- Comprehensive knowledge of web application development with PHP/Python
- Intermediate knowledge of MySQL databases and queries
- Strong communication: skilled at communicating effectively with stakeholders both orally and in writing
- Service-oriented outlook: ability and desire to take ownership of interpreting user requirements and providing viable solutions
- Solution-focused mindset: advanced ability to analyze and troubleshoot complex problems to arrive at solutions
- Time management: excellent ability to balance multiple priorities and deliverables
- Proactiveness: ability to think ahead and suggest solutions to accommodate future needs
If you feel your qualifications meet the requirements listed above and are interested in joining our Reliable Controls family, please apply with us online: upload your cover letter and a resume along with your salary expectations at the "Apply Now" button above. We look forward to receiving your application!
As a privately-owned, Canadian corporation since 1986, we are dedicated to providing simple, flexible, and sustainable systems, economically targeted to meet the triple bottom line of people, planet, and profit. We are proud to have design, development, assembly, service, and repairs housed in Victoria, Canada. Our state-of-the art LEED Platinum certified headquarters annex consumes only one eighth of the energy of a comparable commercial building in Canada. Our senior management team, along with daily support from our staff, create a unique culture of trust, caring and engagement where employees feel empowered to work, live, learn and be creative.