Reliable Controls Corporation, the recipient of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employer and Canada’s Greenest Employer 2018 awards, specializes in the design and manufacture of Internet-connected, building automation controls. Our innovative products automate building environments, decreasing their impact on our planet. At Reliable Controls we offer a collaborative and engaging environment, where employees are encouraged to learn and grow while contributing positively to the big picture of building a sustainable future together.
At this time, we are looking to fill a permanent, full-time Marketing Manager role within our Sales and Marketing department. This position will report directly to the Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing. Our ideal candidate comes from the Building Automation industry and has plethora of experience with programming, commissioning and trouble-shooting BAS hardware and software products. This is a very unique role where technical knowledge blends well with creative aptitude for producing, reviewing and editing marketing materials. Other highly sought-after attributes would include impeccable customer service skills and a passion for consistently delivering high quality products.
Perks & Benefits we offer to our employees:
- Extended health and dental coverage
- RRSP matching
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Well-equipped on-site fitness facilities with 24/7 access
- Free parking
- Green transportation incentives – bike, bus or walk to work and earn money
- Social Committee Events – we have something fun happening almost every month
- Opportunities for continued learning
- …And most importantly: great people to work with!
- Overseeing the development of all marketing materials
- Editing and proof-reading newsletters, software manuals, training manuals, user guides, application engineering materials, video scripts, specifications and additional materials developed by others in the marketing department
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for product stakeholders
- Attend product design and development meetings and promote the end users’ perspective
- Participate in product alpha and beta testing
- Create PowerPoint presentations for all key products and promote them to the sales staff
- Attend trade expositions in North America and support the marketing needs of the sales staff
- Conduct public tours of the Reliable Controls headquarters and clearly communicate our corporate values to the public.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechanical, controls & instrumentation engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with building automation commissioning, configuring, trouble-shooting, installing and programming BAS software and hardware products
- Experience in a similar role of a marketing nature would be considered an asset
- Prior experience with writing guides, manuals and technical specifications is highly desired
- Project management experience
- Advanced level of knowledge of the industry hardware and software
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite; proficiency with Adobe Suite would be an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to efficiently prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- High level of attention to details
- Ability to engage and work closely with developers, technical writers, application engineers, training staff, and sales staff
- High level of professionalism and outstanding customer service skills
- Comfortable with public speaking delivering presentations to various target audiences.
If you are interested in working with Reliable Controls, please submit your resume along with the cover letter listing your compensation expectations by using the "Apply Now" option above. We look forward to receiving your resume!