Reliable Controls Corporation is a locally owned and operated company, which specializes in the design and manufacture of Internet-connected, building automation controls. Our innovative products automate building environments, decreasing their impact on our planet. At Reliable Controls we offer a collaborative and engaging environment, where employees are encouraged to learn and grow while contributing positively to the big picture of building a sustainable future together.
We are looking to fill 3 QA Analyst positions within our Research and Development department starting May 2019. This role would be best suited for students with high attention to detail, analytical mindset and aptitude for troubleshooting. If you bring all of these attributes together along with a great attitude and strong work ethics this role could be a great match for you.
Why would you not want to miss this co-op opportunity with us?
! At Reliable you will get to work on real projects and make an impact on the development of our products. You will be considered a part of our team whose opinion matters and input is appreciated.
! Our goal is to make sure you are given plenty of opportunity for learning, growth and development. You will be supported not only by your supervisor and mentor, but also our entire amazing development team.
! We believe that people are most fulfilled and engaged when they do something, they are passionate about and their work is rewarding and purposeful. Join us for a term (or two) and discover for yourself what a great co-op experience should be like.
Some of the Benefits we offer to our co-ops:
• Free parking
• Green Transportation Incentive – bus, bike or walk to work and get extra money for it
• Social Committee Events – games nights, cabin trips, bowling, camping… so may options!
• …And most importantly: great people to work with
• Execute test plans for our hardware, and software products
• Record test results and issues found using our testing and bug tracking software
• Troubleshooting to verify and diagnose cause of issues
• Verification of functional requirements
• Verification of resolved bugs
• Two to three years of a degree program that directly relates to Software Development, such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering. Electrical Engineering students who have proven programming skills will also be considered.
• Testing experience of embedded products and software
• Familiar with test management and documentation systems (TMS)
• Hands-on experience with electrical devices and measurement instruments
• Familiarity with serial and Ethernet communication protocols
• Excellent general computer and IT skills;
• Quality driven personality
• Great attention to detail
• Strong desire to be part of a team that produces high-quality applications
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
If you are interested in this co-op opportunity, please submit your application with a cover letter, a resume and a transcript by using "Apply Now" option above. If you are a student with Camosun College, University of Victoria or Vancouver Island University, please apply using their internal posting system. We look forward to receiving your resumes!