Reliable Controls Corporation is a locally owned and operated company, which specializes in the design and manufacture of Internet-connected, building automation controls. Our innovative products automate building environments, decreasing their impact on our planet. At Reliable Controls we offer a collaborative and engaging environment, where employees are encouraged to learn and grow while contributing positively to the big picture of building a sustainable future together.
We are currently looking to add 2 Co-op Software developers within our Software department starting May 2019. This is a fast-paced, dynamic role where you are expected to demonstrate initiative, motivation, passion for latest technology and excellent work ethic.
Why would you not want to miss this co-op opportunity with us?
! At Reliable you will get to work on real projects and make an impact on the development of our products that make a difference in the world. You will be considered a part of our team whose opinion matters and input is appreciated.
! Our goal is to make sure you are given plenty of opportunity for learning, growth and development. You will be supported not only by your supervisor and mentor, but also our entire amazing development team.
! We believe that people are most fulfilled and engaged when they do something, they are passionate about and their work is rewarding and purposeful. Join us for a term (or two) and discover for yourself what a great co-op experience should be like.
Some of the Benefits we offer to our co-ops:
• Free parking
• Green Transportation Incentive – bus, bike or walk to work and get extra money for it
• Social Committee Events – games nights, cabin trips, bowling, camping… so may options!
• …And most importantly: great people to work with
• Three to four years of a degree program that directly relates to Software Development, such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering. Electrical Engineering students who have proven programming skills will also be considered.
• Experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite
• Use of Visual Studio to develop applications
• Proficiency in debugging
• Familiarity with HTTP, TCP, UDP
• Familiarity with software development concepts such as version control, code review and coding standards
• Knowledge of SQL database
• Ability to program in C#/C++ is an asset
• Familiarity with .Net framework is an asset
If you are interested in this co-op opportunity, please submit your application with a cover letter, a resume and a transcript by using "Apply Now" option above. If you are a student with Camosun College, University of Victoria or Vancouver Island University, please apply using their internal posting system. We look forward to receiving your resumes!